Composition and Nomination Process
The Council shall from time to time determine which committees other than those specified in these Rules shall be formed, as provided for in clause 45a of the Constitution.
The Youth Committee is comprised of a chairperson, all young participants of 3ZZZ, the Council President, and one staff member responsible for youth programming.
An open nomination process for the role of chairperson is held annually in December, with nominees demonstrating their experience in training, youth programming, and activities for younger communities.
The Council appoints the chairperson the Youth Committee. Nominations are considered by Council at the first Council meeting of the new year.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Youth Committee will meet quarterly in March, June, September, and December, and as needed, to consider opportunities to improve 3ZZZ programming and activities for younger audiences.
The Youth Committee Chairperson:
- Plans and runs meetings in accordance with the governing documents.
- Ensures that there is full participation at meetings.
- Ensures all relevant matters are discussed.
- Ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making.
Youth Committee members:
- Provide independent, informed advice on policies and practices, and suggest amendments to station policies and practices for consideration by Council.
- Consider Youth programming applications and make recommendations on program changes to the Council.
- Advises staff, other committees and Council on issues and opportunities to improve engagement with younger communities.
- Operate within the boundaries of the 3ZZZ Constitution, Code of Conduct, and relevant policies of the Station; particularly:
- Youth Policy
- Programming Policy
- Remain abreast of current and emerging community media issues, policies, and practices.
Youth Committee Nomination
We are seeking experienced members to join our Youth Committee, responsible for opportunities to improve 3ZZZ programming and activities for younger audiences.