Composition and Nomination Process
The Council shall from time to time determine which committees other than those specified in these Rules shall be formed, as provided for in clause 45a of the Constitution.
The Technical Committee is comprised of a chairperson and up to seven members including two Council members, the Council President, and one staff member responsible for technical operations.
An open nomination process is held annually in December, with nominees demonstrating their experience providing technical advice for radio and other media platforms.
The Council appoints the chairperson and members to the Technical Committee. Nominations are considered by Council at the first Council meeting of the new year, aiming to meet a combination of the following Experience Matrix.
- Radio software
- Other media software
- Gender balance
- Age (<30, 30-50, >50)
- People with disability
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Technical Committee will meet quarterly in February, May, August, and November, and as needed, to consider the technical needs of the station.
The Technical Committee Chairperson:
- Plans and runs meetings in accordance with the governing documents.
- Ensures that there is full participation at meetings.
- Ensures all relevant matters are discussed.
- Ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making.
Technical Committee members:
- Provide independent, informed advice on policies and practices, and suggest amendments to station policies and practices for consideration by Council.
- Monitor technical performance across the station and advise staff/technicians of any need maintenance.
- Monitor technology replacement plan and recommend investment for Council consideration.
- Operate within the boundaries of the 3ZZZ Constitution, Code of Conduct, and relevant policies of the Station.
- Remain abreast of current and emerging technical and community media issues, policies, and practices.
Technical Committee Nomination
We are seeking experienced members to join our Technical Committee, responsible for provide advice on the technical needs of the station.