We acknowledge the rights of our listeners, members and volunteers to make complaints in writing about alleged non-compliance with both the licence conditions in the Broadcast Services Act and the requirements outlined in the Community Radio Broadcasting Codes of Practice.
We will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints, except where a complaint is clearly frivolous, without sufficient grounds or not made in good faith.
We will ensure that:
- complaints will be received by a responsible person in normal office hours and receipt is acknowledged in writing,
- complaints will be conscientiously considered, investigated if necessary, and responded to substantively as soon as possible,
- complaints will be responded to in writing within 60 days of receipt, as required by the Act, and the response will include a copy of the Codes, and
- complainants are advised in writing that they have the right to refer their complaint about a Code matter to ACMA provided they have first:
- formally lodged their complaint with the licensee in writing, and
- received a substantive response from the licensee and are dissatisfied with this response, or have not received a response from the licensee within 60 days after making the complaint.
A written complaint or response can be a:
- Letter: PO Box 1160, Brunswick VIC 3056
- Fax: 03 9415 1818
- Email: [email protected]
A responsible person of the licensee will maintain a record of complaints and responses for at least two years from the date of the complaint.
The record of complaints and responses will be made available to the Australian Communications and Media Authority on request.