Composition and Nomination Process
The Council shall from time to time determine which committees other than those specified in these Rules shall be formed, as provided for in clause 45a of the Constitution.
The Events Committee is comprised of a chairperson and up to seven members including two Council members, the Council President, and one staff member responsible for events.
An open nomination process is held annually in December, with nominees demonstrating their experience organising training, events, and activities for our communities.
The Council appoints the members to the Events Committee. Nominations are considered by Council at the first Council meeting of the new year, aiming to meet a combination of the following Experience Matrix.
- Gender balance Age (<30, 30-50, >50)
- People with disability
Roles and Responsibilities
The Events Committee will meet quarterly in February, May, August, and November, and as needed, to consider event opportunities to engage 3ZZZ volunteers, members, and supporters.
The Events Committee Chairperson:
- Plans and runs meetings in accordance with the governing documents.
- Ensures that there is full participation at meetings.
- Ensures all relevant matters are discussed.
- Ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making.
Events Committee members:
- Provide independent, informed advice on policies and practices, and suggest amendments to station policies and practices for consideration by Council.
- Brainstorm and schedule an annual series of events for Council consideration.
- Help 3ZZZ staff deliver planned events.
- Operate within the boundaries of the 3ZZZ Constitution, Code of Conduct, and relevant policies of the Station.
- Remain abreast of current and emerging event and community media issues, policies, and practices.
Events Committee Nomination
We are seeking experienced members to join our Events Committee, responsible for events to engage 3ZZZ volunteers, members, and supporters.