A celebration of our natural environment, gardening and sustainability.
Join us at Rippon Lea Estate for a day of botanical fun with an open-air market in partnership with The Rose Street Market, informative garden tours and walks, displays and activities, plus so much more.
- Plant Sale: Our gardening team have been very busy propagating and potting up ready for this year’s festival.
- Open Air Market: Shop from local makers and growers.
- Bonsai Exhibition: The Bonsai Society of Victoria will be showcasing some of the very finest examples from their collection. Held in the opulent interior of the Rippon Lea ballroom, visitors will see the technique of traditional Japanese styles and contemporary relationships applied to the bonsai craft.
- Gardening Book Sale: shop pre-loved gardening books, all under $5 each.
- Garden Tours: join the Rippon Lea gardening team and volunteers on a tour, including the social history of this magnificent Victorian era pleasure garden , a discovery of the significant trees of Rippon Lea, and a gardening Q&A.
- Entertainment: Catch roving performances throughout the day.
- Food Vans: Bring a picnic blanket to enjoy lunch on the lawns.
The Country Women’s Association, Ashburton Branch will be serving freshly baked scones with jam & cream on the western verandah.
Jam Making Awards: the winner of our jam making competition will be announced.
Entry is a gold coin per person.
Date: Sun 14 May 2023